Keeping track of web and social media analytics is a great way to find out what resonates most with your community and audience. There are many social media tools available today. What all tools have in common is that each has a way to measure clicks, views and reach. Some tools will also track multiple tools and aggregate information for you.
Reasons to Track Web and Social Media Reach
- Find out what resonates most with your readers/followers – What do people like most? What content do they read most? Share most?
- Evaluate process currently being used – What is working? What is not?
- Use results to Inform upcoming strategy and update communications plans – What needs to be added to your current processes? What can you take away?
- Report out to organization/school/business – Is there a benefit to your current process? Are your current digital efforts benefiting the organization?
- Communicate with the public – People are often drawn to statistics. What about this information you gather will be valuable to the public?
- It is easy – How is this best done? There are many great tools to assist in the process.
- Continue sharing great information! – How can you continue to provide important information that is valuable to others?
In a future post, I’ll look at specific tools for generating statistics and infographics.