Digital Citizenship Resources for Schools, Families and Organizations
These sites have resources for teaching Digital Citizenship in the classroom
Google – Be Internet Awesome https://beinternetawesome.withgoogle.com/en_us/interland
- Google Interactive https://www.google.com/safetycenter/resources/
- Google’s Family Safety Center http://www.google.com/goodtoknow/familysafety/
- Google Safety Center https://www.google.com/safetycenter/
Common Sense Media http://www.commonsensemedia.org/educators
- Unit Assessments – Common Sense Media https://assessments.commonsensemedia.org/
- Digital Compass – (Grades 6 and up) https://www.commonsensemedia.org/educators/digital-compass
- Student Badges – https://www.commonsensemedia.org/educators/student-badges
Netsmartz – http://www.netsmartz.org/educators
Netsmartz – Safety Pledges Lesson Materials and Videos
Be Cyber Wise – http://www.cyberwise.org/
Yahoo Safely http://safely.yahoo.com/
Cable in the Classroom http://www.ciconline.org/DigitalCitizenship
FOSI Family Online Safety Institute http://www.fosi.org/
ISTE Standards – https://www.iste.org/standards
SOS FBI.Gov https://sos.fbi.gov/
Online Safety for Kids @symballo by Sylvia Buller
These blogs address topics related to Digital Citizenship
Anne Collier – Net Family News http://www.netfamilynews.org/
Danah Boyd http://www.zephoria.org/thoughts/
Innovative Educator Blog http://theinnovativeeducator.blogspot.com/
Using the above links, select resource(s) for use with teachers or students. Discuss the following:
1. Why did you select this resource? What appeals most to you about it.
2. How can it be used in your school(s)?
3. What 3 steps would you need to take to use this resource?
4. How will you measure or evaluate the benefit?
Page Link https://goo.gl/wUrIQZ
QR Code – Scan